Some All Progressives Congress (APC) support groups, under the auspices of the APC Presidential Campaign Council Support Groups, have urged President Muhammadu Buhari to include them in the yet-to-be formed cabinet.
They pleaded with the President to consider their support and contribution during the 2015 and 2019 elections.
The groups were not happy that they were excluded from the list of the guests invited to the inauguration of the President’s second term on May 29.
But they said they had sent congratulatory messages to the President on the successful inauguration of his second term.
Addressing reporters in Abuja, the nation’s capital, the groups’ National Coordinator Vincent Anthony Ubani said although they may not all make the list for the Next Level cabinet, they expect that some of their members would be considered for appointments by the President.
“Surely, we may not all make the list, but I truly expect to see some of us, who are leading over 100 different groups that have members of the support groups of President Buhari, to represent us.
“It is truly sad that people do something without checking on the implications. The directors in the Presidential Campaign Council are truly expected to do more in carrying everyone along. This should be a reminder to them that they have a duty to include all those who worked with them in all areas, including appointments, in case they forget that many of us are unemployed graduates.
- Third term agenda kicked off in September — Falana fires back at Garba Shehu
- Osinbajo to Saraki: Thanks for not taking advantage of power vacuum
- Ortom: we’ll improve on our performance
- Again, presidency debunks third term plan by Buhari
- Buhari has performed well, says Kalu
- Senate committee to screen Emefiele
- NBA cautions Executive against influencing judges in post-election litigations
- Buhari approves Ahmed Kadi Amshi as Chairman, NASC …Two additional members for NAHCON
- Suspected Boko Haram members attack Maiduguri hours after President Buhari’s visit
- Forgive me, I’ll take more tough decisions, El-Rufai tells Kaduna people
- Presidential inauguration committee: Buhari approves Police IG, Oshiomhole, Lai Mohammed, 13 others
- June 12: Tinubu seeks urgent legislative action
- ECOWAS Endorses Adesina for Second Term as AfDB President
- June 11 fixed for National Assembly inauguration
- No crisis in Senate, says spokesman