The secretariat of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa State, has been reportedly vandalized and set on fire by thugs protesting against the sack of All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate David Lyon as winner of the governorship election in the state by the Supreme Court.
The protest which reportedly started off at Tombia roundabout and was terminated at the Bayelsa state INEC office, led to vandalization of some PDP properties as well as some government properties. The Joint military and police patrol in Yenagoa city however stopped further attacks on properties in the area.
Before the security operatives salvaged the attacks, four security post of the State high court had already been gutted by fire, billboards at Yenegoa secretariat which had photos of PDP’s candidate Senator Duoye Diri were destroyed and PDP state secretariat was also partly razed by the fire.
Here is a video from the scene below;
- ‘Iran will pay a very big price, it’s not a warning, it’s a threat’ – Trump says after sending hundreds of US Marines to defend US Embassy in Iraq
- Fires razes over 400 shops in Anambra (photos)
- Nigerians given 12-hour ultimatum to leave South African province after cop’s fatal stabbing
- 86 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos, 11 pistols recovered
- Court quashes suit against Nwosu
- Pregnant policewoman, DPO, two others killed in Edo
- Fire guts Ogbete main market Enugu (photos)
- Police arrest armed robbery suspects in Nsukka
- SARS officers reportedly shoot two traders while pursuing suspected yahoo boys in Ogun
- Angry mob sets Fire Station ablaze after fire guts popular market in Oyo
- NSCDC uncovers Indian hemp farm in a school compound in Anambra
- Update: Cause of fire outbreak at Balogun market revealed + more photos from the incident
- Bayelsa APC Dep. Gov. Candidate Qualified to Contest Guber Poll, Declares Appeal Court
- Six-year-old son of Bayelsa Commissioner, rescued from kidnappers after 3 weeks in captivity
- Just in: Fire razes Adamawa girls college’s only hostel