The Director-General of Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Dakuku Peterside, has said President Muhammadu Buhari is committed to the development and growth of Nigeri through multifaceted policies, programmes and projects.
He also hailed Nigerians for their continued support for Buhari, even as he felicitated with Muslims on the celebration of Eid-El-Mubarak.
Peterside, in a statement on Wednesday by his media team, called urged Muslims to reflect on the significance of Ramadan and continue to pray for the unity, peace, and progress of Nigeria.
He called on Islamic adherents to use the eid to rededicate themselves to the ideals of brotherliness, sacrifice and compassion.
The statement reads: “I enjoin our Muslim brothers and sisters to continue to pray for our country. The Federal Government, led by President Muhammadu Buhari, is doing all it can to make Nigeria better. He needs your prayers and indeed that of all Nigerians.
“The relative peace enjoyed before, during and after the Sallah has been due to efforts by our security agencies and personnel. We must continue to pray for them too, as some of them have paid the ultimate sacrifice.”
The NIMASA chief also called on Nigerians to promote religious tolerance, stressing that such virtue would ensure peace across the country and enhance national development.
He hailed Nigerians for their continued support for President Buhari.
- Buhari greets Nigerians on Ramadan
- ‘Buhari’s re-election best for Nigeria’
- CAN to Fed Govt: show more commitment to security
- President Buhari speaks on the Coronavirus pandemic (video)
- ‘Don’t let terrorists turn you against Muslims – President Buhari begs Christians after new ISWAP execution goes viral
- Ndume felicitates with Muslims
- Withdrawal of troops from troubled communities will be gradual – Buhari
- President Buhari won’t resign over insecurity – Lai Mohammed
- NGF chair: Tinubu congratulates Fayemi, seeks promotion of fiscal federalism
- Monarch seeks peaceful co-existence
- Why I won’t interfere in Ganduje and Sanusi’s dispute – Buhari
- Diri seeks Jonathan’s, Lyon’s support
- It’s too early to decide on zoning – Tinubu speaks on 2023 elections
- Buhari has performed well, says Kalu
- Fulfil your promise to release Sharibu, clerics tell Buhari at Christmas