Men of the Edo State Police Command have recovered Christabel Omokpia in Enugu State who was sold for N850,000 by an orphanage in Rivers State
Christabel was two years old when she and her sister, Amanda, were stolen away from Utesi village in Ovia North East local government area by two female tenants of their father in June last year
Their mother, Faith, left them in the care of the tenants, Mary and Rose, who disappeared with the children to unknown destination.
Christabel was first sold for N450,000 by the tenants and she was later sold for N500,000 to one Ogechi Favour.
She was later sold for N850,000 to one Anioke Augustine in Enugu State.
Relative of Christabel identified as Beauty said the family was happy to get her back.
Beauty said Christabel could not recognise her parents again.
Police sources said she was reunited with her family on Wednesday night.
The source said Anioke adopted Christabel without due process.
Spokesman for Edo Police Command, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, said it was the Police Commissioner, Danmallam Abubakar, that ordered for recovery of the children.
DSP Nwabuzor said the search for Christabel took police operatives from Benin to Delta State, Anambra State, River State, Imo State and Enugu State.
He said four suspects earlier arrested in connection to the missing children were already in prisons in Ondo and Edo States.
On the whereabouts of Amanda, DSP Nwabuzor said the police would do its best to recover her.
It was learnt that the woman that bought Amanda took her to Ogwas-Chikwu in Delta State.
- BREAKING: Police reveal identities of officers who ‘killed’ Kolade Johnson
- Mother of four murdered in Lagos
- I’m a disgrace to womanhood – Mother of two arrested for kidnapping
- Delta APC endorse Omo-Agege for Deputy Senate President
- Teacher arrested for allegedly spreading fake news on kidnap of Kaduna Doctor’s wife and children
- Enugu set to pay N30,000 minimum wage
- Fathers who send out their children as almajiris should be arrested – Emir Sanusi
- IPOB’s sit-at-home order: Ohanaeze urges govt to strenghten security in Southeast, Southsouth’
- Man arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his wife in Lagos (photo)
- One week after, abducted Ondo monarch’s wife, daughters regain freedom