The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has resumed collation of the results of the governorship election in Rivers State, with incumbent Governor Nyesom Wike claiming eight of nine local government areas collated so far.
TheNewsGuru (TNG) reports results collated for Oyigbo local government area, showed the African Action Congress (AAC), being backed by a faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC), polled 32,026 votes, leaving the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with 8,652 votes.
For Ikwerre local government area, AAC polled 5660 votes and PDP polled 14938 votes; Andoni local government area, PDP polled 92056 votes and AAC polled 5335 votes.
For Eleme local government area, AAC polled 2748 votes and PDP polled 9560 votes; Opobo/Nkoro local government area, AAC polled 3888 votes and PDP polled 6314 votes.
For Port Harcourt local government area, the AAC polled 11866 votes and the PDP polled 40197 votes; Bonny local government, AAC polled 3046 votes and PDP polled 10951 votes.
For Obio/Akpor local government area, AAC polled 3010 votes and PDP polled 307117; Okrika local government area, AAC polled 3803 votes and PDP polled 25572 votes.
- Rivers guber poll: INEC resumes collation of results; 6 LGAs announced
- APC WINS AJEROMI-IFELODUN REPS SEAT
- APC candidates reject Adamawa council election
- Zamfara: INEC meets on Supreme Court judgment
- Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, threatens to expel Adams Oshiomole from APC
- Democracy would have collapsed in 2015 if Jega had caved in – Garba Shehu
- Babalola emerges Oyo NUJ Chairman
- Govt, PDP row over ‘threat to democracy
- Update: “My husband is neither a fraudster nor a notorious cultist” – Widow of PDP member tells Delta State Police Commissioner to retract his statement or face legal action
- PDP secretariat in Bayelsa allegedly vandalized and set on fire after Supreme Court judgement (video)
- Two farmers beheaded by suspected armed militia in Taraba
- Ambode in the eye of history
- 2019 poll: INEC replacing servers to conceal rigging, says PDP
- INEC declares PDP winner of Gov, Senatorial, House of Reps elections
- Oshiomhole’ll destroy APC before 2023 polls – Okorocha