Four suspected cases of Lassa fever has been recorded in Rivers State as confirmed by the Acting Permanent Secretary of the state’s Ministry of health, Dr. Chinwe Atata.
While the four main cases have received prompt and adequate medical attention, 57 persons have also been placed on surveillance after a speculated physical contact with the affected individuals.
The permanent secretary also said that they have sufficient quantities of commodities and drugs for therapeutic and preventive interventions.
“We are working assiduously to ensure public health safety to exposed substance especially among public health personnel as first respondents.
“We are working in partnership with state and federal agencies and al stakeholders in the interest public health security and therefore, there is no cause for alarm.
“The situation we have recorded is firmly under control. In addition, we have enough self-sufficient quantities of commodities and drugs.”
- 3 killed by Lassa fever in Rivers State
- Presidential inauguration committee: Buhari approves Police IG, Oshiomhole, Lai Mohammed, 13 others
- 571 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria
- Lassa fever kills four in Kogi
- Enugu set to pay N30,000 minimum wage
- Lassa fever: NCDC announces end of emergency phase in Nigeria
- There’s no coronavirus in Nigeria – Abia-based Pastor, Kingsley Innocent ‘Talkanado’ (video)
- UAE records first Middle East cases of Coronavirus
- Three killed by Lassa fever in Kano, 292 on watch list
- Deadly coronavirus might already be in the UK, Heathrow passengers to be isolated
- M ‘Sustain health policies’ implementation’
- Algeria announces its first case of Coronavirus
- CAMPUS LIFE: Osun Poly students set school clinic ablaze over student’s death
- Ogun unveils health insurance scheme agency
- Nigerian man arrested for ”drug trafficking” in India