LAGOS State Governor Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu has been commended for proposing to extend amnesty to perpetrators of all kind of crimes in the state ranging from robbery, kidnapping, cultism and general banditry.
Lagos Peace Movement (LGM) Coordinator Comrade Adekunle Adeosun described the development as the right step in the right direction.
The step, he said, would further secure the state and its residents.
Adeosun, therefore, appealed to those concerned to seize the opportunity of the governor’s good gesture to reintegrate themselves back to society as decent and civilize citizens.
He reminded that every community has its own peculiarity as far as criminality is concerned pointing out that, “some of those communities have extended hands of amnesty to their once upon a time dissidents and thereby absorbing them back to the communities after submitting their instruments of crimes.”
He urged all the suspected kidnappers, armed robbers, buglers, serial killers, rapists, pickpockets and cultists to repent and surrender their weapons of destruction so as to benefit from the largesse that Sanwo-Olu extends to them in form rehabilitation programmes.
Adeosun praised Governor Sanwo-Olu over the initiative saying, “with that also in place, Lagos State would be more secure and become more conducive for business through which the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) would shore up.”
- ‘Why Ambode was absent at Sanwo-Olu’s inauguration’
- Ambode greets Sanwo-Olu
- Lagos CRPP: Sanwo-Olu’s election free and fair
- Muslim students to Sanwo-Olu: give priority to education sector
- Sanwo-Olu’s wife hails religious leaders for ensuring peace in Lagos
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- Sanwo-Olu warns VIO, LASTMA against molesting motorists
- CYCDI congratulates Sanwo-Olu
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- Sanwo-Olu signs N873.5 budget, other bills into law
- I never said I will not ban Okada – Governor Sanwo-Olu reacts to viral video of him at The Platform
- Fela’s statue at Allen Avenue pulled down by Lagos State Government (photos)
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Docemo as LASAA MD
- Breaking: Sanwo-Olu’s election as Lagos gov. upheld by Supreme court
- APC senatorial candidate leads 20,000 supporters back to PDP