The Senator representing Ekiti Central in the National Assembly, Senator Fatimat Raji Rasaki has advised President Muhammadu Buhari should to pick his new cabinet rather than rely solely on governor’s list.
Speaking to our reporter in a chat, she pointed out that some of those names that may be forwarded from the state may not necessary be good materials who can assist him to deliver the dividend of democracy to the people.
According to her, since he was the one the people voted for to pilot the affairs of the country, it behoves on him to look for seasoned technocrats and those people who assiduously worked for the party in the last election to be member of his new cabinet.
“The President should be ready to take the bull by the horns and go out of his way to pick those people who are competent among those that worked for him to make his new cabinet.
“There are a lot of hangers on who have relocated to Abuja now and desperately looking for one position or the other. He should run a security check on all these people so that they will not be a cog in the wheel of his progress in his second coming.”
He should try and work with those people who are loyal to him so that they will be on the same page in other to take the country to the next level. He must look for seasoned technocrats that can assist him to actualise the dream he had for Nigerians.
The Senator explained that a lot of political jobbers are now looking around to use all sorts of sentiments in order to get one political post or the other noting that there is little time left to turn things around for the better “therefore those who are committed to the ideas of the party and ready to be on the same page with the President should be given the opportunity to serve.”
- President Buhari won’t resign over insecurity – Lai Mohammed
- Party’s support group seeks inclusion in President’s cabinet
- London trip not for compilation of ministers –Buhari
- Abia APC lauds Buhari’s attention to Southeast
- Youths caution Enang over deputy Senate President slot
- Buhari has performed well, says Kalu
- Delta APC endorse Omo-Agege for Deputy Senate President
- Call warring leaders to order, APC chieftain tells President
- ‘Zone with two senators can’t produce Deputy Senate President’
- Shittu calls for Oshiomhole’s resignation
- I’m highly misunderstood in this country – Okorocha
- Buhari mobilises governors for Lawan, Gbajabiamila
- PDP reacts as Maiduguri residents boo Buhari over killings
- ‘Buhari’s re-election best for Nigeria’
- Olorunrinu: ‘Nigerians Should Beg Tinubu To Contest 2023 Presidency’