NIGERIA Sprint sensation, Divine Oduduru became the second fastest African, following his amazing performance at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) championships late Friday night.
He also broke his previous national record for 200m with a time of 19.73s, 45 minutes after his 100m heriocs.
He had earlier broken the national 200m record of 19.84 s set by Francis Obikwelu in 1999 when he ran a time of 19.76s earlier in the year.
Divine Oduduru who became the second fastest African behind his compatriot and legend Olusoji Fasuba, easily won the 100 meters in 9.86 seconds which is the fastest ever by an African since Fasuba ran a slightly faster time of 9.85 seconds in Doha, Qatar in 2006.
The Texas-based athlete became the second Nigerian after Olopade Adeniken (1992), and third African after Frankie Frederick (1991), to successfully complete a sprint double at the NCAA division 1 Championships.
- SPORT LIFE: Oduduru hits finals in 100m, 200m
- Krizbeatz Ft. Teni – African Time
- Krizbeatz – African Time ft. Teni
- De Mthuda & Ntokzin – Forbes ft. Kammu Dee & Njelic
- Chad Da Don – Keep It Together ft. Emtee
- NFF budgets N7.5b for 2020 as Sanusi gets new five-year deal
- National Assembly raises Budget 2020 by N260 billion
- Prince Kaybee – Hosh ft. Sir Trill
- DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small ft. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Cassper Nyovest – Sponono
- French surfing champion, Poeti Norac dies at 24, months after moving to Australia to start a new life
- RJ The DJ – AWOTEEE (Amapiano)
- Rema – Bounce
- Team Nigeria depart for Africa PTT Championships
- Sony Music West Africa welcomes Oluwaseun Lloyd as General Manager
- 14 lions on the loose in South African province