This year’s edition of the Okpekpe 10km marathon is set to witness for the first time, the participation of a team put together by the Edo State Athletics Team ready to storm the road race which comes up today.
The Edo State Team, comprising of 5 male and 5 female runners, is to be led by the Deputy Governor of the State, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu with an 8 year old girl, Lorelay Holzendorff as the youngest member of the team.
Born by a Nigerian mother to a German father in Benin City, Edo State, Lorelay Holzendorff has already competed and won medals in athletics and other events such as gymnastics and swimming. Currently a primary four pupil at Dorette Nursery and primary school, Benin-City, Holzendorff has already participated in the OWAN 10km Marathon earlier in 2019, the Warri Peace Marathon and the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon.
The Deputy-Governor of Edo State led Team Edo from Benin-City to OkpeKpe yesterday, 24 hours before the 10km road race.
- Footballer Joe Bennett shows off gruesome head injury after accidental collision with his team-mate (Photo)
- Johnny Drille to storm Abuja
- ‘It’s too early to fight for governorship’
- Millionaire businessman Andrew Yang ends his presidential campaign after Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire Democratic primary
- King City 88 ft. Skales, Ice Prince, Ikechukwe Phenom & Egar boi – Update
- Abuja wears new look for Buhari’s inauguration
- Raybekah – Ghetto (No Love in the City)
- Chocolate City announces deal with American giant company, Warner Music Group
- Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi to undergo surgery that will keep him sidelined for one month
- Ex-public school pupil woos mates