The time to catch football fever has come again as the FIFA Women’s World cup kick starts on Friday. Here are things you should know about the tournament:
· It is the eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s world cup which is done every four years.
· This year’s tournament will be hosted in France.
· This is the first time France will host the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
· This will be the first time the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system will be used in a Women’s World Cup tournament.
· It commences today with the group stage fixtures and will run till 7th July 2019.
· The United States’ are the defending champions.
· This edition will feature 24 teams broken into six groups of four teams each.
Below are the groupings of the teams:
France, South Korea, Norway, Nigeria
Germany, China PR, Spain, South Africa
Australia, Italy, Brazil, Jamiaca
England, Scotland, Argentina, Japan
Canada, Cameroon, New Zealand, Netherlands
United States, Thailand, Chile, Sweden
- SPORT LIFE: Norway vs Nigeria: Falcons going for three points
- WOMEN WORLD CUP: I’m not under pressure to perform, says Oshoala
- LUCY BRONZE: World Cup goals changed my life overnight
- Nigerian Tennis champions Aruna Quadri and Olajide Omotayo to partake in ITTF World Tour in Germany this week
- Dennerby banks on Dede for World Cup success with India
- Joseph Yobo appointed as Super Eagles’ Assistant Coach
- Predict your baby blood group
- F/Eagles settle down in Lodz ahead win or exit clash against Senegal
- PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi charged in connection with bribing former FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke
- SPORT LIFE: Oduduru hits finals in 100m, 200m
- Team Nigeria depart for Africa PTT Championships
- Nasty C – They Don’t ft. T.I.
- BET: Burna Boy wins ‘Best International Act’
- Aftermath of Burkina Faso deadly attacks: France announces military troops deployment to Burkina Faso
- Eight contestants for ‘People’s Hero’ finals