Former Super Eagles striker, Jonathan Akpoborie has stressed the need to demand more from Super Eagles’ handler, Gernot Rohr.
In a chat with Sports247, Akpoborie said that although Rohr has been able to qualify the Super Eagles for the Nations Cup, the nation deserves more in terms of the pattern of play of the team.
“He’s not really a bad coach and at the same time he’s not really the best, but we must give it to him because he was the one that took the Eagles from the level they were before to where they are right now. But as a nation, we shouldn’t be satisfied because we are ambitious and we want everything.
“If any Nigerian tells me that Rohr is the best or he’s still going to take us forward, I will not believe that because I have studied how they play football in Europe and I have seen where youths develop into full professionals”, he stated.
Akpoborie went further in highlighting the importance of a very good technical director in the country stating that this would build the foundation for a solid football philosophy for the country.
Rohr would lead the Super Eagles to his second major tournament in Egypt having guided the side to the Russia 2018 World Cup.
- WOMEN WORLD CUP: I’m not under pressure to perform, says Oshoala
- Ex-Everton star Ademola Lookman switches allegiance from England to Nigeria in order to play for Super Eagles
- SPORT LIFE: Mikel flaunts trophy cabinet
- Super Eagles of Nigeria and Everton star, Alex Iwobi took to Instagram to share this cute family photo to ring in the Year 2020.
- Fregene’s wife: don’t let my husband die
- SPORT LIFE: 2019 AFCON: Eagles’ll do well – Nwafor
- Femi Kuti, others to perform at opening ceremony of 2019 AFCON
- Khashoggi’s fiancee berates Italian football over Saudi-hosted game
- Kanye West taking Sunday Service global in 2020, plans to tour Africa and Europe
- Police rearrest suspected killer of Super Eagles star’s father