Tade Ogidan has paired Richard Mofe Damijo and Sola Sobowale for the movie, ‘Gold Statue,’ 21 years after ‘Diamond Ring.’
Ogidan first paired the top Nollywood stars as an onscreen couple for his blockbuster in 1998. In ‘Diamond Ring,’ RMD and Sobowale were the parents of a teenager (played by Teju Babyface), who joined a bad gang, to rob the corpse of a powerful woman wearing a diamond ring. The ghost of the late woman started haunting him till he confessed and returned the ring.
Ogidan’s new movie, ‘Gold Statue’ tells an almost similar story. The filmmaker pairs RMD and Sobowale as the onscreen couple and parents of (Gabriel Afolayan) one of the two young men (Kunle Remi), who went in search of a ‘Gold Statue’ believed to be an inherited deity.
The two men go through a series of an unimaginable ordeal and put themselves through some ridiculous painful situations that leave their parents shocked.
‘Gold Statue’ also featured some of the cast of ‘Diamond Ring’ including Tunji Bamishigbin and Nobert Young.
Directed by Tade Ogidan, ‘Gold Statue’ also features Tina Mba, Nobert Young, Kalu Ikeagwu, Ali Baba, Gabriel Afolayan, Kunle Remi, Bisola Aiyeola, Rycardo Agbor, Kelvin Ikeduba, Greg Ojefua, Judith Audu, Woli Arole, and Etinosa Idemudia.
The movie is scheduled to open in cinemas on May 17, 2019.
- [MOVIE] OJUOLAPE || Latest Yoruba Movie 2020 Drama
- Man narrates how he ended up in the hospital after the engagement ring he bought to propose with got stuck on his finger
- Rayvanny ft. Diamond Platnumz – Amaboko
- Mafejopami – Kabex Ft. Diamond Jimma
- Rybeena Ft Diamond Jimma – Ayomide
- Why we produced Shadow Parties-by Yemi Amodu
- Jhybo Ft Madrina – Diamond
- Simi announces birth of her first child, “Adejare” with Adekunle Gold
- 10-year old rapper makes music to stay away from peer pressure
- My feminism is human rights, says actress Genevieve Nnaji