Sokoto State Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was yesterday sworn in for his second term as governor with a pledge to reposition and strengthen the state on the path of greatness.
The governor, who stressed that he would be just and fair to all in the delivery of service, listed health, agriculture, education and infrastructure growth as well as security as priorities in his second tenure.
The Acting Chief Judge, Justice Muhammad Sa’idu Sifawa, administered the oath of office on the governor and his deputy amidst ovation.
Tambuwal said he noted with fulfilment the mandate given to him by the people of Sokoto State to steer the ship for another term of four years.
“I will do everything humanly possible to justify the confidence reposed in me in all spheres of responsibilities,” he said.
The governor, however, stated that the party and his government went through turbulent and difficulty experience, crossing several barricades in the political journey.
He emphasised that it was time everyone embrace reality by demonstrating the needed abilities to evolve the necessary change that would place the state ahead.
“We should all bury our differences and work in the interest of Sokoto State, which belongs to all of us”, he urged.
Accordingly, Tambuwal assured the people that he would encourage positive circumstance that would warrant his government to propel a prosperous growth through human-oriented policies and programmes at every level.
Dignitaries at the occasion included Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, former deputy governors Ahmed Mohammed Gusau, Mukhtari Shehu Shagari and Ambassador Senator Abdallah Wali.
- Kalu hails Ekiti governor
- Forgive me, I’ll take more tough decisions, El-Rufai tells Kaduna people
- Adams Oshiomhole’s mum rejects Governor Obaseki’s Christmas gifts
- Ahmed Aliyu , APC seek tribunal to quash order granted to Tambuwal
- Ortom: we’ll improve on our performance
- Fintiri appoints SSG, media aides
- Masari assures Army of support to tackle kidnappings, others
- Ajimobi hails commissioners, others at valedictory meeting
- Dickson hails Ihedioha for appointing Onyeagucha as SSG
- I’ll not abuse my office, Abiodun pledges
- Masari prays for victims of banditry, kidnapping in Katsina
- Buhari has performed well, says Kalu
- Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, threatens to expel Adams Oshiomole from APC
- Killings: Military chiefs storm Katsina on Buhari’s order
- Edo APC crisis: Edo women sue for peace