The Ogun State Police Command has arrested 3 suspects for stealing a 4-year-old boy, Hammed Adeniran.
The suspects who were arrested at Arepo bus stop along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in Ogun State while waiting to board a vehicle to an undisclosed location, were identified as Abubakar Saidu, 22, Danladi Abdulkarim, 30, and Abdullah Idris, 25.
They were busted after a passerby who knew Hameed’s parents, alerted his mother Nimota Adeniran after he got home. Upon being accosted by the police team mobilized to the bus stop after a complaint was made at Warewa Police Station, the suspects who disclosed they are from Jigawa State could not explain what they were doing with the child.
The arrested suspects have been transferred to the criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution on orders of the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson.
- Men who specialize in stealing cars from churches arrested in Lagos
- Man, 50, arrested for impregnating 13-year-old step daughter (photo)
- Two armed robbery suspects arrested in Ogun (photo)
- 17 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos (photo)
- Scores held as police battle criminals in Lagos, others
- Four suspected cultists held for ‘murder’
- Pregnant policewoman, DPO, two others killed in Edo
- 86 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos, 11 pistols recovered
- Police arrest suspected killers of Moradeun Balogun, lady who was stabbed in Lagos
- Police arrest eight suspected traffic robbers
- Two men arrested with 40 bags of hemp and 11 packs of ‘next level’
- Police gun down three armed robbery suspects in Anambra, arrest two others (graphiv photos)
- Police arrest armed robbery suspects in Nsukka
- Exclusive update: Lagos police command confirms arrest of 11 miscreants during Naira Marley’s concert
- Police parade ‘killer’ of NYSC member, 18 others