A 300-level student of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science, University of Benin (UNIBEN), Miss Christabel Omoremime Buoro, has committed suicide after a break up with her boyfriend of many years.
Christabel, aged 21, was discovered on Tuesday evening at her hostel flat at Plot 4 Uwaifo lane, Newton Street, Ekosodin area in Ovia North East local government area.
Witnesses said the body of Christabell was discovered after she allegedly took some deadly substance to end her life.
An empty sachet of Klin detergent was found at the spot where she took her life.
According to the source, “A small girl of that age will take her life all because of one boy. The policemen that came to evacuate the body were very angry after reading out loud the note she dropped.
“Thank God that she even dropped a note, if not the roommates would have been in hot soup, because investigation would have started from that point.”
Two persons were said to have been invited by the police for questioning over contents of the letter.
In the suicide note, she reportedly stated that she took her life because the guy she loved didn’t love her in return.
The institution spokesman, Mr. Michael Osasuyi, said the incident did not happen within the school premises.
Osasuyi said a team has been dispatched to investigate the incident and report back.
He said the team was yet to submit its report.
- Househelp commits suicide in Lagos
- Police recover Edo girl sold for N850,000
- Corps member leaves note as she allegedly commits suicide
- Update: Photos of Patience Zakkari who was stabbed to death by jealous boyfriend in Bauchi
- Coronavirus: Chinese supermarket in Abuja where products have an expiry date of 2089, 2073 and 2037, shut down by FG (photos)
- Exclusive update: Lagos police command explain why they are still detaining Uber driver who drove the man who recently committed suicide by jumping into the Lagoon
- Two farmers beheaded by suspected armed militia in Taraba
- Man commits suicide in Katsina (graphic photos)
- Read the last chat of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student who committed suicide
- Navy arrests Ghanaian, eight Beninoise for alleged oil theft
- Why I wanted to commit suicide – SEAN DAMPTE
- Panic as motorcyclist, wife, son found dead in Lagos
- Explosion rocks old Ekiti government secretariat (photos)
- Update: Man whose photo was used in place of that of a Nigerian man that allegedly died in Ukranian plane crash, speaks
- Mexican police arrest couple suspected of kidnapping, raping, torturing and killing a seven-year-old girl before dumping body in a bin bag