Former governor of Lagos State Akinwunmi Ambode explained why he was absent at the inauguration ceremony of Babajide Sanwo-Olu at Tafa Balewa Square (TBS), Lagos.
Ambode who congratulated and handed over to Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday congratulated him saying the new governor deserves to enjoy his historic day without him sharing the glory with him.
In a veiled reference to why he did not attend the formal inauguration of Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, Ambode said Sanwo-Olu should be allowed to be the star of his inauguration.
This was part of a press release by Ambode’s Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Mr. Habib Aruba on Wednesday.
Ambode in the release said: “I have already formally handed over reins of power in the State to the new Governor in a most cordial and convivial ceremony at the State House yesterday ( Tuesday).
“The formal inauguration should have Mr. Sanwo-Olu as the star of the day. I don’t think that glory should be shared with him by my presence,” Ambode said.
Ambode said he has had a quality private moment with him ( Sanwo-Olu) and he is confident that with the prayers, cooperation and collective support of all Lagosians, the new government will succeed in the excellent tradition of progressive governance which Lagos State is known for.
BabaJide Sanwo-Olu was sworn in as governor of Lagos state on Wednesday at Tafa Balewa Square (TBS), Lagos.
- President Muhammadu Buhari will pay a working visit to Lagos tomorrow, Wednesday, April 24th, 2019.
- Breaking: Sanwo-Olu’s election as Lagos gov. upheld by Supreme court
- Let’s rededicate ourselves, says Ambode
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Docemo as LASAA MD
- Sanwo-Olu’s wife hails religious leaders for ensuring peace in Lagos
- Sanwo-Olu warns VIO, LASTMA against molesting motorists
- UM Sanwo-Olu: I’ll fulfill campaign promises
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- PRESIDENT BUHARI: Government declares public holiday again, they moved to do this on that day.